I saw some one of my fav lifestyle bloggers Mix and Match Mama do a 2017 in review post and thought it was such a cute way to recap the year and reflect 🙂 be warned – the post is really long, full of photos, and wedding heavy in the beginning of the year but I hope you enjoy seeing a recap of my 2017 memories ♥ It’s always nice to be able to share my personal life with you all too and all the things I don’t always post on my blog Instagram.
We stained furniture for the first… and last time. You guys staining furniture is HARD haha. We found the perfect little chairs and table but they only came in natural wood. I really love that driftwood color so I told Daniel it’d be a fun home reno project like Fixer Upper esque.. Needless to say we will be buying our furniture pre-stained from now on and leaving it to professionals like Chip and Joanna. Since our apartment is so small we downsized to a round 2 person table and it was such a game changer for space. I absolutely loved the end result!!
We picked our cake for the wedding! Walking in we had an idea of what we wanted and ended up picking the two flavors we didn’t expect to pick (alternating layers of rum soaked cake with rum custard and raspberry jam & carrot cake). We got our wedding cake from The Buttery and it was delicious! Our guests really loved the cake.
We did our first Valentine’s weekend trip and went to Sonoma! 🍷🥂 It was so much fun and I think we are going to continue taking Valentines weekend trips 🙂 We stayed at MacArthur Place and it was the cutest little hotel. I think we are going to go to Sonoma again this year! To read my blog post on our Sonoma trip, click here.
I had my first dress fitting! There is nothing like the feeling of trying on your wedding dress for the first time once it arrives 🙂 We went through 3 rounds of alterations and I picked up my dress two weeks before the wedding. 👰🏻
We went to a 90s themed birthday party for my girlfriend Moni! Everyone loved Daniel’s Saved by the Bell shirt 😉
My MOH and mom hosted the bridal shower of my dreams!! 😍😭 To view my blog post on the shower and for more photos of my garden bridal shower party, click here.
I completed my second year of Pure Madness in March! 20 Pure Barre classes in 31 days ☺️ To view my post on my wedding diet and fitness routine, click here.
We got our marriage license! San Francisco City Hall is so gorgeous – a lot of people even fly here to get married at this historic building. I wish we had dressed up more lol 🤷🏻♀️
I went on my bachelorette party with 9 girlfriends to Newport Beach and it was seriously SO much fun. 🌴🌞👯♀️ Brunching, bach games, sleepover, all the sweets I could want, duffy boats, dancing the night away, and riding bikes along the beach. It was the best bachelorette weekend ever. Big thank you to my best friends Gina and Christina for organizing, planning, and making this weekend unforgettable ☺️
I never did a full blog post on the trip so here’s some photos from the weekend!
I picked up my wedding dress 🙂
Our wedding rehearsal 💕
And then it was off to Bali our HONEYMOON! I’m also the worst and never blogged our honeymoon so here’s some of my favorite photos from our time in Bali ☺️ We stayed in Seminyak, Nusa Dua, and Lovina while we were in Bali. We also visited Ubud.
And then it was back home after two weeks and back to reality… 😪
We went wine tasting in Sonoma with the family and the pups! 🐶🍷
We went to the county fair and ate corn dogs (duh) and rode the ferris wheel 🎡
We had our first ever travel wedding and flew down to San Juan Capistrano for Kelly and Graham’s wedding! 💛
I turned 27 🤗
I got promoted at work 🙌🏼
Daniel turned 28! 🎂
We celebrated Melody and Gordon at their wedding in Saratoga ♥️
We celebrated 7 years together on September 12th 😍
We flew to Portland to visit my sissy and Brandon in their new home!
And then… busy season started. My job is very cyclical so every mid September-October I work crazy crazy hours and barely have a social life lol 🙃 so October is pretty bare. I slept a lot on the weekends lol.
We went to the pumpkin patch and got pumpkins for our front door 🎃
MY SISTER AND I VISITED THE REAL HALLOWEENTOWN!!! The movie was filmed in St.Helens Oregon and is a short drive from Portland. They recreate the town square every year in October.
We went to Sonoma to celebrate my best friends birthday! 🍷
We went to the Museum of Ice Cream!! So cool and highly recommend if you can get tickets.
Thanksgiving with the family
Our annual trip to Apple Hill the day after Thanksgiving to cut down our Christmas tree! 🎄 Convinced my parents to get a 16foot tree again 😉 This is one of my absolute favorite days of the year.
We got our very first Christmas wreath!! And poinsettias for the front door 💋
We got all dressed up and went to our annual work holiday party ✨
We went to Denver and Aspen ☺️☃️ I’ll do a full round up post of our trip on the blog soon!
Home for the holidays ♥️
And for New Years Eve, these wild party animals are going to dinner at our favorite restaurant Lolinda and then coming home for cuddles and cozies in bed ☺️
2017 was such a great year for us and I can’t wait to see what 2018 will bring! Here are some of my New Years Resolutions 💕
1. Get promoted to manager at work – this is a lofty one but I love my job so much and hope this year and my hard work will bring another promotion for me.
2. Continue to grow Sweet and Petite – I have been so humbled and shocked by all of the love and support you all have given me especially this year. I can’t wait to continue to grow my blog and share more fashion, beauty, life etc with you all in 2018!
3. Travel! We love traveling all over the world together and can’t wait to start planning our 2018 trips 🙂
4. Stay 80% Gluten and Dairy Free – this is a big one for me. As I get older, I know it’s so important to be healthy and take care of my body. I really hope to stick to a gluten free dairy free life on the weekdays with the occasional splurge on the weekend. When I eat like this, I notice I have more energy and all around just feel better 🙂
5. Maintain consistency in working out (3-4x a week) – I’m usually so good at the beginning of the year and then once busy season hits in the fall my workout schedule goes out the window. I really want to commit to staying consistent this year 💪🏼
6. Read more books – I used to LOVE reading so much I could finish a book in one sitting. Over time I’ve gotten busy with work life etc but those are all just excuses and I’m determined to make reading a part of my life again!
7. Get a puppy and become a dog mom – YOU GUYS, if you know me in real life you know that I just love dogs so much and I stop to pet them and love on them everywhere I go. It literally breaks my heart that our apartment won’t allow us to have dogs. I am really hoping this year our landlord has a change of heart and lets us get a puppy 🙂 Nothing would make me happier.
6. Spend time with those who matter most ♥️ – the most important of all, making memories with all of the people that I love the most.
I hope you enjoyed my 2017 year in review! Thank you for letting me share my love for fashion/beauty/travel and my life with you and for all the continuous love and support. I can never thank you all enough for allowing me to do something I really love and am passionate about all while connecting with people all over the world. Happy New Years friends!!